Sunday, February 6, 2011

new year, new blog, new baby

welcome to the new sasser family blog! let me catch you up on our latest addition....

we welcomed the birth of our second baby, eli craig sasser, on 1/7 at 4:56pm. eli weighed 6lbs 3oz. he wasn't due until 1/30 but apparently had other plans. I woke up that Friday morning feeling strange. I cannot describe the feeling other than I knew something wasn't right. I was checked out by my doctor at 10:00 that morning and returned to work. I was pleased with the news I had dilated to a 3 but knew that meant very little....or so I thought. contractions started around 11am except I had no idea that's what I was feeling. like any other pregnant woman food was always on my mind and Friday meant nachos at the hospital. my good friend Elizabeth, worried about my pain level, had already joked that she would be eating lunch alone. nonsense!!! no pain was keeping me from food. I stood up at desk at noon and my water broke. that got my attention quick! I was entering the doors of Baylor at 12:30 and in a room by 1:00. my doctor visited me and informed me I was at a 5. holy cow! this baby was coming...ready or not. things continued to progress quickly and by 4:45 my doctor was being paged. 3 pushes later eli was born. it was the easiest and fastest delivery. I was thrilled to say the least. eli was a perfect little blonde hair blue eyed baby. nothing like big brother Kevin! regardless of being early he spent no time in the NICU, had no issues with jaundice and no eating problems.

fast forward 1 month. eli is growing like a weed. kevin is loving his baby brother and we are just in awe that we have 2 boys. life is busy but we are loving it. check in for more updates and pictures of our sasser boys!

1 comment:

  1. So happy that Eli is here! I know Kevin is a great big brother! What a beautiful family :)

    ReplyDelete