Friday, January 11, 2013

What a week!

We've had quite the week. Kevin started feeling yucky on Sunday, I got strep on Tuesday, Eli started feeling bad Tuesday night...and Ben has been the only one that has been well! I was able to go back to work today but still feeling kind of blah... The boys are feeling better - both were started on an antibiotic with me. Now I get to clean my house tonight and try to get rid of all the germs! This day has a strange meaning to me...and when I say strange, I mean strange. First: I remember when I got pregnant with Eli I wanted him to be born on 1/11/11, just thought that would be a cool birthday!

But that's not why I remember this day.

A few weeks after Eli was born we went to Wal-Mart for some baby items. While I was shopping on the baby isle I turned around and saw a woman with a basket full of formula. She had probably 20 cans of formula in her basket. I commented to her "it's nice to stock up, huh?" She laughed and said "yes!" I asked how old her baby was and she replied that "they" were born on 1/11... I replied that mine was born on 1/7 so they were close in age.

As our conversation continued I noticed she started to get emotional talking about her babies.

And right there in the middle of the baby isle at Wal-Mart...she broke down. Her babies were 3 weeks old however only one of the twins was alive. She had just lost one of the babies the week prior to SIDS.

My heart broke for her. I was in tears with her as she talked about her loss.

So today when I woke up and thought about the date 1/11 - I am thinking about this stranger at Wal-Mart who is celebrating her baby's 2nd birthday and longing to see her baby in heaven again. I never got her name but today I pray for this lady and her family.

1 comment:

  1. My sister had twins on 1/11/11 and lost her daughter two months later. So odd to know there is someone in our area(and my sister's) that has such a similar story. Will be thinking of this every year and will be praying for her as well.

    ReplyDelete